The Cross Country course requires Cones to be placed down every 15-25m for runners to see where to go. The Cones need to be collected at the end of the race.
- There are two witches hats set aside for the 1.5km and the 2km turnaround points.
- A sign is erected on the light pole just outside the tunnel (underpass) on Aikman Drive near UC Ressies
The UC Tigers website has the official layout of the Course and instructions.
The following distances will be offered each fortnight and runners may choose their own distance (the “official” age distances are below):
- 7 Years and Under: 1.5km
- 8 – 10 Years: 2km
- 11 – 13 Years: 3.3km (official distance is 3km)
- 14 – 15 Years: 4km
- 16 – 17 Years: 5km (official distance is 6km)
- 18-19 Years: 5km (official distance is 8km)
- 20 Years and Up: 5km (official distance is 10km)