Ginninderra’s 4 banks of timing gates are set-up at the end of each straight track and the circular track, nearest the southern end of the oval.
The Tow Bar Crew deliver the trailer with the tents, batteries and the starting devices.
The Timing Gates Crew set-up each lane and link the lanes to the Computer. Note: Each Gate’s set-up is clearly marked on the box and PCs, Starting Devices and Printers should not be intermingled.
It takes approximately 10-15 minutes to set-up one lot of Timing Gates by 3 people. The more volunteers assisting with the set-up and pack-up reduces the time by over 50%.
- Wireless Timing Gate set-up
- ::Place the weighted bases on the track::
- The bases should align with the finish line and the lane markings so that they are centered. Ensure that the arrow is facing towards the sun.
- ::Set up the Wireless Timing Poles::
- Remove a wireless timing pole from the trolley and insert it into a weighted base
- Twist while applying minimal downward pressure and the gate will click into place via a notch in the weighted base. The notch will ensure that the timing gate faces the correct way in relation to the sun, and the same direction as the other gates.
- Continue setting up all of the required wireless timing poles
- Ensure that ALL lanes that you will be using during the day are in place for initial setup
- Full FAQ on the system